Monday, November 12, 2012

Cheddar Biscuits

 

These are always a huge hit whenever I make them.  They taste just like Red Lobster's and go great with my Baked Potato Soup recipe.  Enjoy!
4 cups Bisquik
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (just regular shredded, not finely shredded)
1 1/3 cups water
 
Topping:
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. dried parsley
 
Combine Bisquik, cheese and water in a bowl and mix until dough is well incorporated and firm.  I used my Kitchenaid for this and it works beautifully!  Using a small cookie dough scoop, scoop dough on to a greased, foil lined or silicone baking sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.  While biscuits are cooking, combine topping ingredients in a small bowl and as soon as biscuits are done take a brush and slather the butter mixture on each biscuits immediately after you remove them from the oven.  I do this while they're still on the pan and let them sit for a couple minutes to let the butter soak in.  Place on a plate and they're ready to eat!
 
**Disclaimer- once again I forgot to take a picture when I made this so I graciously borrowed this picture by searching "cheddar biscuits" on google.  No copyright infringements intended and I do not own this picture!





No comments:

Post a Comment