Friday, July 20, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken

I saw a recipe on Pinterest that inspired this recipe.  My husband LOVES bacon so I'm always willing to try new things with it.  I have to say, this was so stinkin' delicious, I even surprised myself!  Pretty simple too because it goes in the Crock Pot and makes your house smell delicious!  Enjoy!





3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package thick sliced bacon
Frank's Red Hot or any other hot sauce of your choice
2 cups brown sugar

Cut chicken breasts into halves.  Lay the chicken breasts out on a plate or cutting board.  Now you're going to season them heavily.  Start with salt and pepper then you're going to use garlic powder, onion powder, mild chili powder, and paprika (7-8 shakes of each on both sides).  Next, drizzle the hot sauce on each chicken breasts then rub it in gently with your fingers, make sure to coat both sides.  With the hot sauce you can use as little or as much as you like depending on how spicy you want the chicken to be.  Depending on how big the breasts are is going to decide whether you use one or two strips of bacon per breasts.  In the package I had, I had enough for all the breasts to have 2 strips each.  Wrap the strips of bacon around each chicken breasts then place them in the bottom of the Crock Pot in a single layer if possible.  To finish the chicken off you're going to cover them completely with brown sugar, 2 cups should be about enough but you can always use more if you need to.  Cook in the Crock Pot on Low for 5-6 hours (mine were done in 4 because my Crock Pot cooks fast).  When you're ready to eat, remove the chicken, place on a plate then drizzle some of the drippings from the Crock Pot over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment