Thursday, July 5, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos


I've never had chicken tacos before but decided it was something I definitely wanted to try and my husband about squealed when I told him I was making them!  This is so incredibly easy but tastes like you put a whole lot of effort into them.  My husband said they are pretty even par with taco truck tacos! Enjoy!







3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg taco seasoning (I used Taco Bell)
1 jar salsa (I used Chi Chi's)
1 package small tortilla shells
Shredded lettuce
Shredded Mexican cheese
Sour Cream
1 lime

Season chicken before placing in Crock Pot.  I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, mild chili powder and cumin.  Place chicken breasts on bottom of Crock Pot, sprinkle taco seasoning over the top then pour entire jar of salsa on top.  Let cook on low for about 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 (depending on how your Crock Pot cooks, mine was done in 4 hours on Low).  Remove chicken and shred into small pieces then return to Crock Pot to soak in the juices until you're ready to eat.  Place chicken into soft tortilla.  I topped ours with shredded lettuce, Mexican cheese, sour cream and a squirt of fresh lime. I served it with Chi-Chi's Corn Cake, black bean and Spanish Rice......YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment