Thursday, July 19, 2012

Crock Pot Hail Caesar! Sandwiches

chicken sanwiches yummy
So simply and delicious!  The chicken practically shreds itself and this is so easy to serve!  This is one that I have in our dinner rotation a lot and my husband is always excited to have these!  Enjoy!


3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 bouillon cubes
6 cups warm water
1 bottle of your favorite Caesar dressing
1 package shredded Parmesan cheese
1 package leafy romaine
1 package of buns

First you're going to start this off by cooking the chicken breasts in the Crock Pot.  Since you're not going to be using any of the chicken stock after it's cooked, I don't get too particular about what the chicken is cooked in and bouillon cubes are super easy and I always have some in my cupboard.  Salt and pepper the chicken generously, don't be stingy!  I also season mine with garlic powder, onion powder and some oregano.  Place 6 cups of slightly warm water into the Crock Pot.  The reason for this is so that it will start to break down the bouillon cubes faster.  Don't make it too hot or you'll start cooking the chicken! Add bouillon cubes and place chicken into water. Cover and cook for 4 hours on Med/High or about 5-6 hours on Low depending on how fast your Crock Pot cooks.  I can easily cook mine on Low for 4 hours and have them completely cooked. 
When the chicken is done, remove chicken and place on plate or cutting board to shred.  Shred into whatever sized pieces you prefer.  For this recipe I like my shreds to be a little chunkier to really hold onto the Caesar dressing.  Once chicken is shredded, dump out the chicken stock in the Crock Pot leaving just about a cup behind, then put the shredded chicken back into the Crock Pot.  Now you're going to add the Caesar dressing.  This is going to be purely about preference.  I typically use about a half bottle but if you have more chicken you're going to want to use more and less if you used less than 3 breasts.  The first time I made this I actually didn't use enough dressing so I added more after I tasted it.  Mix the chicken and dressing together until all the chicken is coated.  Turn your Crock Pot on Low if it isn't already and cover and let sit for about 30 minutes.  When you're ready to eat, place a heap of chicken on a bun, top with shredded Parmesan and lettuce.  This is really good with chips and dip or waffle fries.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment