Sunday, July 1, 2012

Chicken and Rice Skillet

One night I was looking at the raw chicken breasts I was going to make for dinner and decided I was going to try to make a new recipe.  I used some things I had in my cupboards and after making it several times I feel confident calling it a "recipe" now.  This is incredibly quick and easy and it heats up wonderfully the next day.  Here's my very first original recipe for Chicken and Rice Skillet.  Enjoy!



1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 package Knorr Chicken flavored rice
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
2 cups Minute rice
1 cup milk


Cut raw chicken into bite size, cubed pieces.  Salt and pepper chicken thoroughly.  In a large skillet on medium heat melt coconut oil until completely liquid then add chicken.  Cook chicken until no longer pink.  Add remaining ingredients and stir, mixing ingredients completely.  Bring to boil.  After about a minute, reduce heat to simmer and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occassionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment